Monday, March 06, 2006

Lautan Hindi

Recent months I've been travelling for quite a number of times to Indonesia. My first visit was to Jakarta last year, then to Padang, then to Surabaya then last week i went to Padang again.

My notes are, I really like the food over there, especially in Padang. They have quite some standard for Malay food. I reckon you guys go to Padang than the usual Medan that most people go. And for you people looking for sex in Padang, you won't. Padang is highly Islamic. They have banners everywhere,"Banteras Maksiat". Not only that, they burn down discos and pubs or anything promoting sin, so I heard.

I even saw on TV the public whoppings of adulterers. People were surrounding them and counting the number of whoppings! Looked like some festival. An ambulance carried the adulterers to the hospital after that.

But Jakarta, Surabaya, way opposite. And the TV commercials... real sexy.

I was at this golf club in Surabaya, one of the waitresses looked like Marsha from AF, wearing a mini skirt uniform.

Damn it's hard being a man, was what I thought when she ordered my drink haha. (whopping sound)

But what's the difference between Pulau Jawa (Jakarta, Surabaya) and Sumatera Barat (Padang)? Padang is much more beautiful, relaxed, roads are better, and much more nice being in Padang than jakarta and surabaya ( serabut is the word ). I'll write more about this later.

But last week... on the last day at Padang, I slept under the sky of the Indian Ocean, that was really cool.

And as usual, i really hate being on planes. Not that i have some sort of 'plane phobia', but i just don't like being stationary for a couple of hours. And of course being a smoker... lol. Hmm... probably that's the main reason I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home